You cannot take asbestos lightly as it can cause diseases after coming in contact. One of the first things to do if you feel that you’ve been exposed to asbestos is to rewind the time back and think about the duration of exposure. These are some of the facts one should know about exposure to asbestos.
- When asbestos enters our body through the nose, the majority of it is able to come out. But some of the asbestos material manages to enter and then settle down on the surface of the lungs. On accumulation on the surface of the lungs, things become serious to the health.
- An individual can face life-threatening diseases if he or she is exposed to asbestos for a longer duration.
- According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, no individual is guaranteed as safe regardless of a small or large amount of asbestos enters the system.
- Another important fact about asbestos is that no individual is safe even after undergoing various treatments.
- About 3000 people from the USA still face health-related issues due to asbestos. In fact, the number has gone beyond 3000.
- When it comes to determining any symptoms related to asbestos, it can only be revealed once the individual crosses the age of 30.
- Lung cancer starts to develop due to asbestos to those who smoke on a regular basis.
Based on these facts, you should consider taking asbestos exposure seriously. If you find this material then consider asbestos removal in Newcastle from a professional who will get the job done with precision.