There are different animation styles practiced today. However, the most common forms used are 2D & 3D animation. 2D is the most traditional animation method existing from the late 1800s and is still preferred by traditional animators around the world. 3D animation is rising in popularity since the late 1990s.
There are also many 2D and 3D Modelling Specialist available in Malaysia.
Although it is the oldest form of animation, many gamers enjoy the nature of 2D animation. Many players enjoy 2D because they don't try to emulate real life.
Some of the advantages of 2D animation are:
• Low production costs – cheaper than 3D.
• Fast and time-saving – production time for 2D animation is shorter and faster.
• Simple and Less Complex – 2D requires less technology and software making it easier to create than 3D.
• Basic controls – Work easily without lessons.
• More focus on gameplay – less emphasis on design and more focus on games.
Some of the advantages of 3D are:
• Movement communicates – 3D animations are excellent at depicting movement.
• Visual appeal – much more realistic 3D.
• Time is money – 3D models created for a specific project can be reused for future projects to reduce production costs.
• Good Quality – 3D offers high quality and more gameplay compared to 2D.
• Asked – Most people now prefer 3D over 2D.